It's been 25 years since Star Control II.
Today, we hope to give the Founders the first taste of a new Star Control adventure game.
NOTE: This is under NDA so do NOT video or take screenshots of it to share outside the NDA area here or on Discord.
Please keep in mind that this is all still work in progress. Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Play the first 30 minutes of the Adventure. Then play it again, and again, and once more for luck. - Keep your bug-eye out looking for bugs and typos. - Once you have a good feel for this part of the game start providing feedback on the doc linked below and in this channel. - We are looking for feedback on pacing, presentation and overall feel of the game and story first impressions. - Have fun breaking the game.
- Go to Steam
- Right click on Star Control: Origins and go to properties.
- Click on the Betas tab
- Enter this branch password
- Choose the VIP branch.
It should then download the game (it'll be pretty big) and you can begin trying it out.
You can post your ideas, thoughts, suggestions on the Founder's Starbase forum.
Basic info we'll want in any report:
- What Operating System are you running
- How much memory your computer has
- What video card you have
- What CPU your computer has
I find the easiest way to get this info if you don't know it off hand is to run DXdiag.
The target release date for Star Control: Origins is the end of Summer. That will mark the beginning of the new era of Star Control games!
We've created a response thread: https://forums.starcontrol.com/489387/star-control-beta-1-response-thread
Keep posting here and we'll keep updating the response thread. Some of your reports are so awesome that we didn't want the responses to them to get lost in a comment.
Thank you everyone!