We cannot wait for you to get Beta 2. I always hate the first beta. They’re so painful. They’re basically a “does this work on your machine”. Very boring. Beta 2 is where the actual game starts to matter a little.
So where do things stand with Beta 2?
Beta 2 is due out this month and it’s going to be big. It’s where the Minor factions start to matter. A lot. It also starts to really show off what makes Sorcerer King unique as a strategy game.
Yea, I may have burned down the forest but it was for a good cause so it’s ok.
We will be trying to reinforce that Sorcerer King is a game where you start off as if you won the previous 4X game you played. You are mighty.
Again: this is a contest between very powerful beings. Your group is elite. You’re just vastly, vastly outnumbered.
Below in no particular order are some notes for beta 2:
- Important to remember, this isn’t a traditional 4X. The Sorcerer King has already conquered the world. He’s the guy who has strongholds as your neighbors.
- Part of your job is to sneak under his radar as long as you can. He has an overwhelming power advantage over you. You need to make sure you aren’t blatant until you’re ready to take him on.
- The minor factions are NOT neutrals. They are generally familiar with you. They’re the ones you were previously competing with in Fallen Enchantress/Age of Wonders/League of Legends/Warlock/etc. They don’t necessarily like you. It’s just that they, like you, were overwhelmed by the Sorcerer King.
- You do not want the remnant factions (minors) to go to war with you. Their units are horrific.
- You will have powerful, cheap, nuke spells that can be used on the enemy but they won’t work on ruined land (And once cast, the land in that area becomes ruined).
- Your job is to create the most powerful stack of doom in the history of gaming. To do that you will need to craft craft craft.
- Crafting ingredients aren’t random (they are in beta 1 but beta 1 sucks).
- You can harvest crafting ingredients from the land if you’re willing to ruin it.
- You might be surprised how hard it is to keep from ruining the land if it means easy wins.