Here’s a sampling:
- Lots of tweaks to quests to give players more intangible traits.
- Lot of work on the Guardian sovereign in general
- Guardian gets a mass sleep spell
- Guardian gets a mass slow spell
- Guardian gets an obstruct map spell (rains rocks onto the tactical map causing those tiles to slow down enemies)
- Guardian gets a damage reflection spell where damage is 2X back at the enemy as long as that unit is standing in that tile (i.e. it’s tied to the tile)
- AI updated to be smart about tiles (darkling unit will exchange places with player unit on these tiles sometimes so be careful)
- Guardian gets a spell called harvest shadow land. Turns shadow land back into grasslands and creates a Nymph egg that can be picked up.
- More monster lair variation (still working on this)
- Nymph egg item created and it can be used in battle as an item too
- Lots of new chaos spells based on forum feedback
- Nymph unit (it’s a baby Morian)
- Minor races you ally with now crank out bigger armies to clean out SK units on the map in their part of the world
- Beautify Land spell increases movement in that tile
- Some fixes to raise and lower land spells
- Fixed coloring of potions (health is red, mana is blue)
- Sorcerer King casts spells into tactical battles IF you’re fighting his forces.
- Sorcerer King focus on your battle depends on your player threat (i.e. the more he’s paying attention to you, the more he intervenes)
- Sorcerer King has some unique spells including summoning darklings and other units and spells that turn your part of the tactical battle into a snowy slow mess
- AutoResolve better at providing more consistent results
- New quests to remind player if they’re forgetting to craft and other such events (done as quests so there can be fun)
- You can now right click on minor faction capitals to talk to them
- Various UI tool tips written
- Random maps now ready for general availability
- Lots of new tiles designs and stamps made
- Spells made generally cheaper to research
From playing today, I still don’t feel like I have enough “tools” to fight my battles. This is an area I plan to keep adding and adding to. I wrote some World Spells (like a Time warp spell) but there isn’t sufficient feedback to the player that they’re doing anything.
Going to probably mess around with the magic slider option more tomorrow and add a lot of new spells, particularly summoning spells.
I also want to get a lot more recipes in. The quests give a lot of recipes but they don’t display what recipe you got in the quest complete window so you don’t realize you’re getting recipes.