During November and December we will be hooking up the final strategic situation map for the game.
The way we plan for this to work is as follows:
When the player zooms out beyond the maximum zoom we have in game, a map of the world will be displayed. From this map, the player can click to zoom in on any part of the map and get a general situational awareness of it.
For founders, this is the opportunity to make your mark on the game. There have been some good concepts presented by ASDF and such which we are considering as well.
The long-term world of Ashes
- We plan for maps to get a lot bigger in the future. A LOT bigger. A year from now, I'd expect the largest map to be 4X bigger than what we have now. A year after that, possibly another 4X.
- The design of this needs to take into account that the player is looking at the surface of a planet, not a battlefield.
- Must display regions
- Must display the primary focus of the region (metal, radioactives or turinium)
- Must display the ownership of the region in some way
- Must display at least control groups
What this map won't allow:
- You will not be able to give orders from this map (i.e. you will not be controlling armies and giving construction orders from this map)
- We will not be giving every unit an icon.
Thanks and have fun!