Sometime next month you're going to start receiving access to the beta of the first stand-alone expansion to Ashes of the Singularity.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
Here's what's new:
- Episode 2: Escalation (tells the story from Haalee's point of view)
- New World classes: Lava Worlds and Crystal Worlds
- New Defenses: PHC Eliminator anti-air, PHC Constable (cheap anti-air), PHC Oblivion (super nasty artillery), PHC Odin (super nasty direct weapon), Substrate Exterminator, Substrate Pulverizer, Substrate Shredder, Substrate Starburst, Substrate Disruptor
- New production buildings: Substrate Aviary (for tier 3 air), PHC Advanced Sky Factory
- New aircraft: PHC Strategic Bomber, PHC Marauder, PHC Instigator, Substrate Harbinger, Substrate Rampage
- New units: Substrate Caregiver, Substrate Masochist, PHC Sapper, PHC Hera, PHC Brute M2 (will replace the M1)
- Huge map size
- Support for 14 players on a map
- Global View: Zoom out and the map changes to a situational map of the world. You will be able to give orders to control groups and it will give relative strength of armies. We may allow players to give orders to armies as well (which will show up as a heat map)
- Multiplayer compatible with base Ashes of the Singularity (no community split, ranked games will get to use all the units always, custom games will have whatever units the host has).
Price: $39.99 new (includes base Ashes and the above), $19.99 upgrade for people who have Ashes (Free for Founder Lifetime edition).
Target date: September 2016.