We are pleased to let you know about the exciting changes in v3.95 of Galactic Civilizations III.
This is a big one so stand back!
- New game option: On Surrender, transfer all planets. Defaults to OFF
- New game option: No FOW in your territory. Defaults to ON
- "Ascension Victory" no longers requires you to control a majority of the crystals.
- Common and Abundant asteroid frequency increased.
- When a planet gets colonized or a shipyard gets made and it sees if there is a shipyard nearby that would be in the green zone (no penalty), planet automatically becomes a sponsor.
- Eliminated the map size limitations on map sizes as long as you have at least 8GB of memory.
- "Nanite Transmitter" now has limited uses.
- "Nano Fabricator" now gives 100 manufacturing overflow.
- "Nano Fabricator" now gives a +10% Max Manufacturing bonus to the planet.
- Dodge value on high-end thrusters reduced by 3%.
- Tactical battle maximum final dodge increased from 10% to 20% (i.e. a ship always has a 20% chance to hit you).
- Base relationship penalty for approaching ascension is -2 instead of -1
- Ascension close to victory threshold lowered from 66% to 50% as there tends to be a feedback loop on accumulating points.
- Space Rockets moved from default to Militaration tech
- Retribution: Civilization capital max population increased from 8 to 10
- Race Trait changes
- Base Game:
- Reduced the effect of the "Popular" race trait
- Crusade and up
- Research techs for Drengin no longer have maint cost.
- Port of call is one per player instead of one per planet to align with Retribution balance
- Productive1 trait now provides 20% instead of 10% social production boost
- Production2 trait now provides 10% instead of 5%
- Clever1 now provides 15% research boost instead of 10%
- Influential1 trait now does 40% influence boost instead of 15%
- Influential2 trait now does 15% influence boost instead of 10%
- Economical1 now provides 15% gross income boost instead of 10%
- Handy1 now reduces Colony Maintenace by 50% instead of 20%
- Handy2 now reduces Colony Maintenace by 30% instead of 15%
- Popular1 tourism per planet boost reduced from 2% to 0.4% (it's still pretty huge)
- Popular2 tourism boost reduced from 1% to 0.2%
- Traders1 trade boost increased from 20% to 40%
- Traders2 trade boost increased from 10% to 15%
- Brutal1 increases soldiering from 20% to 50% now
- Brutal2 increases soldiering from 10% to 30%
- Courageous1 trait now boosts resistance from 20% to 50%
- Courageous2 trait boosted from 10% to 30%
- SharpEyed1 increases ship accuracy from 20% to 30%
- Sharpeyed2 increases ship accuracy from 10% to 20%
- Agile1 increases jamming (dodge) from 20% to 30%
- Agile2 increases jamming (doge) from 10% to 20%
- Observant1 increases sensors from 25% to 50%
- Observant2 increases sensor range from 15% to 30%
- Moved the "planet build queue" over to give the improvement list more room.
- Moved "Word on the Street" window to the Govern screen.
- Tourism on a planet displays decimals if it falls below 1%.
- The game now provides feedback when you can't select a tech because of an "Age" restriction
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented planets and ships from spawning in the campaigns
- Fix typos. Hat tip our discord fans for their help
- Ambient music no longer plays during the victory movie.